The digital revolution has made comic book publishing a thing of the past. See and learn how virtual computer technology will revolutionize this field and allow every artist to have their fifteen minutes of fame.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

ANTI HERO for HIRE

Way back when, before there was an ADVENTURERS! I came up with the idea for a story - or rather, the ending to a story. A character would find a legendary sword and then, as he's doing his heroic speech, fall off a cliff causing evil to win. This story ended up being written by me and a friend of mine as the original Nate Wars. Fast forward a few months, when we wrote a few more stories, and played through Chrono Trigger (having missed it back during it's SNES heyday). Then, something hit me: I was good at writing humor, I like RPGS, and I was delusional about how good my drawing was, so I started ADVENTURERS! one day in math class.
Fortunately the delusion meant I kept at it, so eventually my art actually got good over the years ADVENTURERS! ran. However, nothing can last forever, and I found myself running out of RPG Cliches and tiring of the 'clueless/straight guy' dynamic Karn and Ardam usually deliver. So I started sketching, again. I sketched a guy in a trenchcoat, with a wierdly designed gun: this design went through many revisions and I started planning the story. Character ideas flooded into my head and I started to feel more creative then I had in months.
I made the five page bonus comic for ADVENTURERS! and Antihero for Hire was offically born. There are a lot of similarities between what you'll read here and at the ADVENTURERS! site, but there are a lot of differences too. Antihero for Hire really isn't a parody comic, it's a comedy-driven superhero action comic. There will be parody moments, but there will be a lot of storylines with their own brand of humor, and there will even be some comics which have no humor in them at all - just a warning here - in order to further the story. Here's hoping you enjoy what you read!
READ MORE - http://antiheroforhire.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home