The digital revolution has made comic book publishing a thing of the past. See and learn how virtual computer technology will revolutionize this field and allow every artist to have their fifteen minutes of fame.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Could Success Soon Kill Your Webcomic?

It takes over 16 hours to drive from Minnesota to Texas if you don't stop. Of course, I did stop along the way and visited friends in Iowa and Missouri, but I still had at least 16 hours of straight drive time in a truck with nothing but a radio and no companion. Since most radio stations in the Midwest play country music, I had a lot of time to think.
One of the things I thought about was the way the internet worked all last year and how things are following a pattern right now and slowly but surely breaking down. Right now, the infrastructure that paid all the bills last year has suddenly stopped, as if someone shoved a big wrench in a machine. Crunch! Everything has stopped and a lot of people seem to be scurrying around trying to repair this machine that never really was working in the first place.
I can describe this calmly because I saw the big wrench coming and made preparations to pay the bills after the machine shut down. However, the noise was very loud, a lot of people I know and care about didn't see it coming and everything is still unsettling enough to give me pause for thought.
The first comic strip I ever posted to the web was called "My Hero." It was about a newlywed couple and the site was designed by a friend of mine at the time. I didn't know any HTML and the site was up on my personal webspace that my ISP provided me. I registered my URL with Yahoo and I would receive an email every couple of months.
READ MORE - http://www.pvponline.com/rants_success1.php3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home